We gotta say, low-maintenance risotto is a weeknight go-to. (Done in less than an hour! Minimal stirring!) But what if we told you that you could have the goodness of risotto in even less time? It’s possible, thanks to this recipe for spinach and lemon “orzotto.” In place of rice, we cook orzo (small rice-shaped pasta) in a similar style to risotto for creamy results in just 30 minutes. Add a poached egg on top and you’re golden.
This recipe originally appeared as Lemon and Spinach Orzotto on PureWow.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For directions go to: http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/healthy-recipes/lemon-and-spinach-orzotto-recipe